Bring Chris Van Allsburg’s timeless classic to life with a train ride to the North Pole at one of these stations!
* Cape Cod Central Railroad’s The Polar Express, Nov. 3 – Dec. 27, Buzzards Bay Depot, 70 Main St., Buzzards Bay. All Aboard! The Polar Express Train Ride comes to life this holiday season as the Cape Cod Central Railroad rolls out of the Buzzards Bay station bound for the “North Pole!” Come early and climb aboard with your family to cozy up and enjoy our festively-decorated vintage train cars! $35 and up. capetrain.com/polar-express-train-ride/
* Edaville Express: Where’s Santa?, Wednesdays & Thursdays, Nov. 22 – Dec. 21, 5 or 6pm, Edaville USA, 5 Pine St., Carver. Hlp Mrs. Claus and the elves search for Santa on a 45-minute interactive train adventure, featuring milk & cookies, singing and a special gift. $47; children under age 2, $18. 508-866-8190; edaville.com.
* The Immaculate Conception School’s North Pole Express, Dec. 2, varying times. Newburyport Commuter Rail Station, Newburyport. This experience includes a wonderful train ride, a sea of elves, a reading of Twas The Night Before Christmas and of course, Santa himself. icsnorthpoleexpress.com.
* A Christmas Journey, Dec. 2, 3, 9 & 10, varying times. Ecotarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester. A reading of The Polar Express, followed by a ride on the Explorer Express Train, cocoa & cookies and a visit with Santa. $20, includes museum admission. ecotarium.org.
* The Tinseliner, November 24-26, December 2-3, 9-10, 16-17. Adams, MA. This holiday season, dress up in your best 1950’s travel clothes and climb aboard the Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum’s exclusive Tinseliner for a trip back to the era of black & white television, Lionel Trains, Bing Crosby, “glow bright” frosted color Christmas lights, silver trees and colorful tinsel! Featuring a scheduled visit from the man dressed in red himself, this approximate one-hour experience is appropriate for children of all ages and will evoke the nostalgia and romance of a typical American Christmas during the 1950’s. BSRM’s Tinseliner trains feature a vintage, all stainless steel Budd Rail Diesel Car just like the ones people traveled on for the holidays during the 1950’s. http://www.hoosacvalleytrainride.com/