Old Stone Schoolhouse
A Restored 1828 One-Room Schoolhouse
40 North Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719
4 people saved this
Built in 1828, this one-room school served its Fairhaven, MA, neighborhood until 1896. Here, the children of sea captains and farmers learned learned reading, writing and 'rithmetic. The schoolhouse is open on Saturday afternoons in June, July and August from 12:30 to 4:00 p.m. Learn about 19th century schooling. Hands-on activities for children include writing with pen and ink and old-fashioned schoolyard games.
MASSACHUSETTS MASTERPIECE TRAIL
A statewide collection of 24 diverse works of art, from oil paintings to taxidermy frogs…
Search All Listings Here.