The Stone House Museum
Historic stone house museum built in 1827.
20 Maple St., Belchertown, MA 01007
17 people saved this
The Stone House Museum was built to be a private home for Julia Dwight's wedding present in 1827. It remained in the Dwight family until it was acquired by the Belchertown Historical Association in 1922 to be maintained as a museum.The Stone House Museum contains superb examples of furniture, china and decorative accessories made in the 1700's and 1800's. Its textile collection contains samplers, early crewel work, linens, quilts and an extensive selection of period clothing. The archives contains a collection of early town and church documents, diaries, manuscripts, ledgers, genealogical records, military records, records of town organizations, early business establishments and a large collection of photographs.Also on the property are the Ford Annex, housing locally built carriages and other horse drawn vehicles, built through the generosity of Henry Ford and dedicated in 1924; and the printing office and equipment of Lewis Blackmer, editor and publisher of the Belchertown Sentinel.
Trustees Literary Trail
In addition to the miles of beautiful wooded trails, open beaches, and green pastures found...
Search All Listings Here.