1 people saved this
In 1925 The Director of the Parks Commission suggested the development of a golf course at the Riverside Recreation Grounds in Weston, Ma. In the spring of 1930 the nine-hole golf course was finished, opened to the public, and named The Riverside Golf Course. After a successful season another nine holes were constructed on the south side of the Charles River and were made open to the public in 1932. In 1945 permission was granted to rename the golf course to the Leo Jerome Martin Memorial Golf Course. Leo J. Martin was a golfer that held membership at Riverside. He was a decorated champion winning the Massachusetts amateur champion and New England amateur champion becoming the first to hold both titles simultaneously. He was killed in action during World War II and will be forever memorialized for being one of the most successful amateur golfers in Massachusetts during his time.
Trustees Literary Trail
In addition to the miles of beautiful wooded trails, open beaches, and green pastures found...
Search All Listings Here.