Contact: Lisa Simmons, MOTT
Vicki Cimino, Connelly Partners
For Immediate Release
FALL IN LOVE, CELEBRATE LOVE, AND REMEMBER LOVE IN MASSACHUSETTS
From the First Date to the Golden Anniversary, The Bay State Inspires L-O-V-E
BOSTON, November 1, 2011 - Love is cause for celebration and Massachusetts’ romantic atmosphere makes it the ideal destination to show off your sentimental side. The Bay State’s varied backdrops, bucolic settings, and unforgettable experiences will charm even the most discerning romantic.
For more information, visit massvacation.com
and "Like" us on Facebook at Visit Massachusetts (http://www.facebook.com/VisitMassachusetts
) and "Follow" us on Twitter @VisitMA (http://twitter.com/VisitMA
) and find us on Google+ by searching “Visit Massachusetts” within the Google+ search bar.
Fall in Love in Massachusetts
Four Seasons: Room for Romance Package
- Whisk yourselves away for a memorable night with a package designed for romance. If you're thinking of popping the question, their complimentary Say Yes! add-on will help turn your dream engagement into a reality. The expert Concierge team is on hand to help you plan the perfect proposal.
Onyx Boston: The Sweetest Taboo Package
– This one night stay in deluxe accommodations includes a complimentary bottle of Champagne, cookies from Boston’s famed Chipyard Cookies and a relaxation basket (massage oils, bath salts, etc.)
Liberty Hotel: Guilty Pleasures Romance Package
- They’re not opposed to having (or hosting) a little fun, so hang your “Solitary” sign on the door for a romantic stay at The Liberty Hotel. Included are whimsical ways to keep sparks flying and extra time to cuddle the next day. This luxury Boston hotel package includes: overnight luxurious accommodations, champagne delivered to your room, breakfast for two in their signature restaurant CLINK, or through In-room dining, chocolate dipped strawberries, intimacy kit and an extended late check-out of 3pm.
North Of Boston & Greater Merrimack Valley
Emerson Inn by the Sea: Romance Package
– This package makes a perfect gift for that special someone! It includes two nights accommodation with breakfast for two each morning and Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Sparkling Wine upon arrival and a $50.00 Diner Certificate for our Grand Cafe or Grand Parlor.
South of Boston
John Carver Inn & Spa: Fire and Ice Romance Package
- Escape to historic Plymouth...a serenely idyllic destination in the quiet season.... with their Fire and Ice Romance Package. Getaway with your sweetheart...cozy up to your own fireplace, enjoy champagne and chocolates and savor the moment of true romance. Package includes: one night accommodations in a four poster fireplace room at $20 off or upgrade to a fireplace suite with Jacuzzi, bottle of iced Champagne and chocolates for two, $10 meal allowance for Hearth 'n Kettle and 10% off on all Beach Plum Spa services.
Cape & Islands
Captain’s Manor Inn in Falmouth: Premium Romantic Getaway
- Celebrate your honeymoon, anniversary or make any occasion a little more romantic with this Cape Cod getaway. The package includes two nights in a simply elegant room with private bath, a dozen roses, Duval-Leroy French champagne and a half dozen chocolate dipped strawberries upon arrival, two adult round-trip tickets to Martha’s Vineyard, gourmet cheese, fruit and cracker platter with a bottle of wine for the second evening of your stay, full breakfast each morning of your stay and afternoon refreshments daily starting at 3 p.m.
International Inn & Suites: "Cuddles and Bubbles Package"
– This package is back at International Inn and Suites. You supply the cuddle and they will supply the bubble in a Jacuzzi built for two. One Night Special: Book one night in Royal Victorian, Crown Victorian Suite or Plaza Suite and get a complimentary dinner for two. Two Nights Special: Book one night in Royal Victorian, Crown Victorian Suite or Plaza Suite and get the second night for only $50.
Sturbridge Host on Cedar Lake: Romantic Massachusetts Getaway Package
- Escape to the tranquil shores of Cedar Lake with your loved one for a weekend getaway of romantic bliss. The Romantic Massachusetts Getaway package at Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center is the perfect excuse to indulge with your sweetheart. Enjoy quiet strolls along the scenic shoreline, or a paddleboat ride across the lake. In the evening, enjoy a romantic table for two at our restaurant. The Romantic Massachusetts Getaway is the perfect indulgence.
- Make your escape from the everyday world a memorable getaway experience with this special “Getaway,” designed to enhance your stay at the romantic Berkshires Inn. Romance. Relaxation. Gourmet dinners. Flowers. Chocolates. All are yours to enjoy.
- The Berkshires is the perfect place to go for a getaway from the city or to just relax and spend some quality time with a loved one. Our Firespa king canopy Jacuzzi suites are perfect for a romantic weekend getaway.
Celebrate Love in Massachusetts - Historic Wedding Locations:
State Room, Boston
– Dreaming of a glamorous, urban wedding? This 33-story skyscraper overlooks the city, offering breathtaking views to enjoy with your sweetheart. Their warm, yet stunning décor includes hardwood floors and natural light. They will help you from setting the theme of your wedding to putting together the most exquisite meal for you and your guests, and of course, wine and bar selections, décor and entertainment.
60 State Street, 33rd Floor, Boston. 617-854-5000.
Old South Church, Boston
– Beauty, history and sacredness come together in this grandly adorned sanctuary located in Boston’s Copley Square. With its gothic beauty of the Gordon Chapel and quiet intimacy of the Children’s Chapel, it’s no wonder this church has long been a favored location for weddings. The church offers a range of spaces in which to hold a wedding ceremony and has a prime location offering easy access to a host of nearby hotels, reception venues and proximity to popular photo shooting locations like the Boston Public Garden.
645 Boylston St. Boston, MA. 617-536-1970.
Boston Public Library
- Books are just the beginning for this library. The Boston Public Library offers one of the most unique and historic event venues in the city. Ornately designed spaces in a variety of sizes offer groups the ideal setting for a variety of sizes and styles of weddings. With its rich interior and balcony access, the Abbey Room provides the perfect romantic and intimate setting. Going for grandeur? Bates Hall is distinct with its high, dome ceilings and elegant decor.
700 Boylston St., Boston MA. 617-536-5400.
Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton
- Located on 22 acres of woodland on the shores of Porter's Pond, Fuller Craft Museum provides picturesque views, an artful environment and an experienced staff to help plan your special day. The natural setting, combined with beautiful architecture creates the perfect backdrop for romantic weddings photos. Have an elegant, indoor reception in their largest room, The Great Room, which features changing exhibitions of contemporary craft in a beautiful theater environment. Take advantage of New England’s beautiful summers on their Outdoor Patio. This beautiful flagstone courtyard offers exquisite outdoor entertaining at an affordable price and features a lagoon, fountains, sculpture and views of Porter’s Pond.
455 Oak Street, Brockton, MA.508-588-6000.
White Elephant, Nantucket
- The White Elephant, named one of the World's Best Hotels in the U.S. by Condé Nast Traveler, is an intimate hotel that stretches alongside the ever-changing Nantucket Harbor. Enjoy exemplary service, world-class cuisine and what is considered to be one of the most magnificent locations on the island as you celebrate this exciting day. What is more magnificent than your ceremony or cocktails overlooking Nantucket Harbor? Explore the many options for a magical wedding at this beautiful beachside hotel.
10 Amelia Drive, Nantucket. 800.475.2637.
Wychmere Beach Club
- Longwood Events’ beachside wedding and retreat venue, Wychmere, captures the essence and nostalgia of seaside romance. Set on the Cape Cod shore, it perfectly blends the Cape Cod relaxed classic Americana style with glamour and luxury Longwood Events stands for. At Wychmere. They design your oceanside wedding reception, waterfront rehearsal dinner or oceanfront corporate retreat flawlessly, creating unforgettable memories.
23 Snow Inn Road, Harwich Port, MA. 617-854-5000.
Museum of Fine Arts
– Love art? The MFA now hosts weddings in its regal glass-walled Shapiro Family Courtyard, designed by the famous London architects Foster + Partners. The Koch Gallery is perfect for smaller weddings with its 17th and 18th century European paintings. Attendees can view the galleries, including the new Arts of America wing. Catering is taken care of by Restaurant Associates, who also serve up food in fellow landmark museums, including the MET.
465 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA. 617-267-9300.
- Offering a matchless riverfront location and the vitality of a contemporary science center, the Museum presents a complete range of options for any bride and groom. An inspired setting is essential, and couples may choose from an array of unique indoor venues (the main Exhibit Halls and Skyline Room are most popular) or opt for the open-air Washburn Pavilion with its proximity to water and sky. Without doubt, the Museum is a one-of-a-kind setting, full of creative possibilities and ability to accommodate the fresh and unusual. Whether you like the elegance of traditional décor accented by the picturesque backdrop of a sparkling river or the fun and whimsy of a theme that reflects your individuality, they can provide it.
1 Science Park, Boston, MA. 617-723-2500.
- Your wedding celebration at historic Plimoth Plantation will become the first of many unforgettable memories together. Experienced event planners will assist you with every decision, and their staff will attend to the smallest detail with professional, impeccable service. The plantation offers a unique English Colonial setting for a classic outdoor ceremony in the beautiful Hornblower Garden, a festive celebration in Gainsborough Hall, the Peabody Pavilion or the Accomack Room, all set the stage for exquisite culinary creations as you and your guests celebrate your special day.
137 Warren Avenue, Plymouth, MA. 508-746-1622.
- This elegant interpretation of a Tuscan farmhouse is a unique and luxurious wedding venue North of Boston offering an abundance of fresh, seasonal Tuscan fare in a rustic-modern setting. Whether your dreams for your special day are on a grand scale or of a more intimate affair, L’Andana will help you to create your personalized wedding day. The main dining room will be transformed into a romantic and elegant venue, while the private dining room provides for a more intimate reception. The onsite ceremony space allows you to exchange your vows by candlelight creating a perfectly romantic moment. L’Andana offers an abundance of fresh, seasonal Tuscan fare by our acclaimed chef in a rustic-modern setting. Allow their unsurpassed events team to share in your day while managing every detail – from creating a distinctive customized menu to personalizing your entire experience. Leaving nothing left but for you and your guests to enjoy and savoir in the moment of your wedding day.
86 Cambridge St, Burlington MA. 781-270-0100.
The Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism (MOTT) is the state agency dedicated to promoting Massachusetts as a leisure-travel destination. An integral part of the state’s economy, tourism generates more than $915 million in state and local taxes and $14.4 billion in travel related expenditures and supports 121,500 in-state jobs. Web site: http://www.massvacation.com/