Myles Standish Archaeology
10:00 am - 4:00 pm Sat, Oct 27, 2012
Venue: Pilgrim Hall Museum
75 Court Street, Plymouth, MA 02360Contact:
0 people saved this
Pilgrim Hall Museum will display its Myles Standish Archaeology collection every Saturday in October from 10am to 4pm. The collection is from the 1856 excavation of the Standish home site in Duxbury. It was one of the nation's first professional archaeological digs, and was conducted by James Hall, a Boston steel-engraver and Standish descendant. The site and collection dates from ca.1630 to ca.1710 and is accompanied by Hall's original site plan and cards. Visitors will have the opportunity to examine the collection of artifacts up close, see the original excavation diagram and ask questions. For October, 2012, the Myles Standish Archaeology program at Pilgrim Hall Museum will be feature archaeological pieces owned by other historical institutions from the original Hall excavation. This will be the first time since the 1860s that the entire Standish archaeological collection has been brought together for public display.